Saturday, July 31, 2010

Real Men by Sam Scott Schiavo

 

 

I have always enjoyed the images of what photographer Sam Scott Schiavo likes to call ‘Real Men’ on his blog. A celebration of Homotography’s love for the real man, rather than pick the images myself, I gave the steering wheel of this post over to Sam to choose his own favorites. Here they are: 11 real men thru the eyes of Sam Scott Schiavo.

 

 

Schiavo told Homotography, “I think it is obvious in my casting of models and in my photography, that I prefer to shoot REAL MEN. It is not a question of the subject’s age but of his character... his own security and self confidence that allows me to capture their raw sensuality and vulnerability at the same time in my lens.” He continues, “I prefer the non perfect, the non banal, a model who has something to say with a glance, a laugh, a frown, a smirk. These photos that I have selected are just a few of my favorite muses past and present and future.”

 

 

The featured real men (top to bottom) are Brian Jankic, Michael Stecki, Patrick Melech, Walter Surbock, Vasile Tarasov, Samuel Plesnik, Akos, Hunter Cody, Mark Hollan, Ivan Gatti and Roberto B.

 

 

+ see more Sam Scott Schiavo | Samuel Plesnik | Patrick Melech | underwear features

 

   

No comments: