Saturday, January 24, 2009

Interview with Ignacio Lozano

 

 

You might have seen the auto-portraits of young artist Ignacio Lozano jumping on bed wearing nothing but a jockstrap & helmet, or his photography for Charmants where he captured Mr. Gay Europe 2008 Antonio Almijez and masked men in underwear in ‘Terrorist Mountain’. But who is this mysterious Ignacio, who likes to be called Black Sheep Boy?   Homotography brings you an exclusive interview with Ignacio and a look at the work of this talented 23 year-old.

 

 

Ignacio Lozano (captured in the above two images by Maurizio Fiorino for East Village Boys) is a young Spanish artist based in New York City.  After completing his degree in Arts, Fashion Design & Communication in Barcelona, he began  working in events production & communication, never forgetting his passion of art and photography . In 2008 Ignacio moved to NYC and started working in the world of art. His primary form of expression is paint, but he's also a keen photographer. Currently, Ignacio contributes to a few magazines as a photographer and editor.

 

Check out some of Ignacio’s work below and proceed to read the full interview at the end of the post.

 

 

 

A sample of Ignacio’s paintings

 

Homotography interviews Ignacio Lozano

 

>> When and why did you move to NY?

I moved to New York one year ago from Barcelona where I have been living for 6 years. New York have always been my dream of where to live. Barcelona is a small city, New York is bigger and more competitive. If you have the energy, you can realize your work or dreams in NY, it’s a very open city for all forms of art, fashion, business... I was bored in Barcelona, but its such a great city in the summer and I keep a lot of friends and memories from there. I still visit Barcelona from time to time.

 

>> I am sure many NY boys want to know, is Ignacio single and available?

Maybe single, maybe available… but always available to meet people.

 

>> How do you describe your photography style and what do you want to communicate with your images?

I love to play with natural lights, no studio, no artificial photography. I like to show the real person. I capture urban guys, chilling, being sexy, but mysterious at the same time.

 

>> What is the connection between sex and photography for you?

I like to shoot real life, real stories, and sex is a part of our real life.

 

>> Name a few photographers, either dead or alive, whose photography style and work you admire.

Janine Gordon, Slava Mogutin, Hedi Slimane, David Benjamin Sherry, David Hilliard, and Donatien Veismann.

 

>> If you can choose to be photographed by anyone, who is your dream photographer?

I've already been shot by a few dream photographers like Maurizio Fiorino, Slava Mogutin, and Stuart Sandford. But I really want to be photographed right now by Hedi Slimane.

 

>> What projects are you working on and what can we expect to see from Ignacio in the near future?

I just started 2009 launching  my web site (NSFW). For the moment it is just a presentation but in a few weeks it will be working completely and will have more content. You will also see some new contributions for a few good magazines and more art projects very soon!

 

>> Finally, what do you hope you will have achieved and will be doing after five years?

I don't know what I’m doing tomorrow. So 5 years is an unexpected future to me.  Carpe Diem.

 

---

 

Homotography thanks Ignacio Lozano for his time and all the images he provided. Make sure to check out his blog and site (both NSFW). I leave you with some pictures of ignacio as a hot native american boy in Halloween 2008.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I follow his blog and he is a HOTTIE!!!! His work speaks to me. Nice.