Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Dreamy Photography of Andrian Jutba

 

I have to thank Twitter for introducing me to the work of young Filipino photographer Andrian Jutba. After doing an RT on one of our tweets, I noticed Andrian’s twitter, which led me to his site. What I really liked about Andrian’s images is that in addition to the typical sexy body & underwear shots, he beautifully captured intimate facial close ups that communicated a wonderful sense of intimacy. 

 

“Fashion Photography really interests me, that's why when I bought my first DSLR last year I started taking photos of my friends in their fabulous dresses, more like a playtime to practice my skills,” The 22 year-old self-taught photographer explained to Homotography. “I had my way of getting make-up artists, stylists, great amazing models. I moved to the capital city of my country, Manila, to pursue my passion in life, my dream… my long time dream.”

 

 

“For the year 2009 I'm still working on a stronger portfolio so that I can market myself to people. Hopefully for the coming years I would be able to live and pursue this passion of mine in a different place, assist someone like my personal favorite photographers Lope Navo, Bruce Webber, Steven Klein, Kai Z Feng, or Nicoline Patricia Malina,” Andrian told Homotography of his aspirations. “NY seems to be nice with lots of gorgeous models, or Europe-Spain, Italy, France... Someone get me please!”

 

 

When we asked him about his style, Andrian explained, “My style usually varies depending on the people that I work with, the styling, the model, the location, the mood that I'm in at the moment... but I do try to keep that my images would be something that conveys a story perhaps, an emotion, something dramatic. In my personal works I just want something laid-back, something simple, carefree, not too aware, candid photos, I think it's the style that I want to achieve in every shoot that I do and that keeps me happy and satisfied at the end of the day.”

 

 

As for what he looks for in models, Andrian told us, “I'm a sucker for jaw-lines, good noses, dreamy eyes, that catches my attention and instantly I'm in love. The result would be something great. Of course models who know how to move are simply divine to watch.”

 

 

We thank Andrian Jutba for the images & information, and we wish him the best of luck on his budding career.

 

+ see more Photography Spotlights | check our photography store

 

No comments: