Friday, February 6, 2009

Controversial MTV AIDS Awareness Campaign

 

MTV is getting quite edgy with this AIDS awareness ad campaign in Brazil. The ads show retro images of threesomes (one dude, two girls; they did not get THAT edgy) with a copy that covers the man’s groin with the text “Except for AIDS, nothing has changed”.

 

 

Now I applaud anyone who tries to spread awareness about AIDS, but how does seeing images of people happily doing it without worrying about the disease make me want to use protection? I envy those people, but I am not motivated by these ads to use a condom. is there a point I am missing?

 

 

The campaign is created by advertising agency Loducca, São Paulo.

 

+ see more AIDS | Awareness | Naked posts

1 comment:

ADwight said...

like the vintageness of this