Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alexander Guerra is Swimming in Gold

 

Young artist Alexander Guerra has shared with Homotography his new self-portrait series entitled "Swimming in Gold". Playing the role of model/photographer/art director, Alexander sports a green swimsuit by TFabiano and eye-popping golden goggles.

 

 

“Born and raised in Miami, Florida, I have always been influenced by art and fashion,” explained 25 year-old Alexander Guerra to Homotography. “As a child, I imagined myself as the poster boy for Guess (wearing those snazzy jeans) or for Ralph Lauren (wearing those wonderful layers and perfectly pressed slacks). My face would be plastered all over magazines, on billboards and on the sides of city buses. I was going places! Enter reality, a 5'9" stature and I ended up with Plan B! The plan of B your own photographer and B your own model! These days, along with my "Plastique" artwork, I'm all about self discovery through Self-Portraiture. I like to think of my pictures as my artist account of my creativity at "this" very moment in time. "Swimming in Gold", is just that. This is my very moment in time. The Summer of 2009.”

 

 

+ see self-portraits by Mario Sorrenti | Ignacio LozanoTerry Richardson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shine on! hot pics!