Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gap Fall/Winter 09.10 Ad Campaign by Craig McDean

 

I must admit that I didn’t like the Gap Fall/Winter 2009.10 ‘Born To Fit’ ad campaign at first. Even though it flaunted some of the hottest models on the scene, I felt it was too catalog. But then I saw the foldout magazine ads and the huge billboards at the Gap store in the mall, and I thought they looked fantastic and were very effective in selling the product. You see, sometimes we forget that an ad campaign’s main goal is to promote and sell the product. Ad campaigns are different than editorials. The fantasy and the art direction complexity is all good, as long as it doesn’t overshadow the product. So Gap… I’m sorry for snubbing you, and here’s a look at the men’s ads.

 

 

Acclaimed photographer Craig McDean lensed top models including Andres Velencoso Segura, Will Chalker, Noah Mills, Tommy Dunn, Andrew Cooper, and Sasha Knezevic for the ads. Karl Templer served as a fashion editor/stylist.

 

 

Here’s a couple snaps from Gap’s Facebook page where you can explore each style.

 

gap-fw09-4

 

+ see more Craig McDean | Andres | Will | Noah | Tommy features

No comments: